WEST SALEM, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse Speedway was home to a different kind of race Saturday morning.
The Barre Co-ed Lions Club held their first annual shuffle fun run/walk. Close to one hundred participants showed up to help raise money for the Wisconsin Lions camp.
The proceeds of the race will go to three to four lucky kids who will be able to attend the camp this summer. "The Wisconsin Lions Camp is a camp in Rothschild, Wisconsin and it's for kids that have mild cognitive disabilities, blindness, diabetes, and other impairments, and they get to spend a week at this awesome camp in Wisconsin and have the time of their lives," said Laura Muller from the Lions Club.
After the run/walk, the Lions Club held their annual music festival at the Speedway.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather