WEST SALEM, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse Speedway was home to a different kind of race Saturday morning.
The Barre Co-ed Lions Club held their first annual shuffle fun run/walk. Close to one hundred participants showed up to help raise money for the Wisconsin Lions camp.
The proceeds of the race will go to three to four lucky kids who will be able to attend the camp this summer. "The Wisconsin Lions Camp is a camp in Rothschild, Wisconsin and it's for kids that have mild cognitive disabilities, blindness, diabetes, and other impairments, and they get to spend a week at this awesome camp in Wisconsin and have the time of their lives," said Laura Muller from the Lions Club.
After the run/walk, the Lions Club held their annual music festival at the Speedway.
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Monday closings due to weather
- Tomah police asking for help following morning high-speed chase
- US Rep. Pocan says he won't attend Trump inauguration
- Local activists hold "Save Our Healthcare" rally
- Local bar burglarized
- More than a dozen cell towers may go up in La Crosse
- Potential suicide spike in La Crosse County
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in Trempealeau County fatal crash
- Area youth group helps prepare for fundraiser