LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - One person is recovering after collapsing during the annual Maple Leaf Run-Walk.
According to the La Crosse Area YMCA, a female runner in the race collapsed at the finish line during Saturday's race.
First Aid certified YMCA directors immediately provided emergency CPR and paramedics from Gundersen Health System were on scene within minutes.
The person who collapsed is now in stable condition and is able to talk.
Her family says they are thankful for the quick response from event staff and volunteers.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.