LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - One person is recovering after collapsing during the annual Maple Leaf Run-Walk.
According to the La Crosse Area YMCA, a female runner in the race collapsed at the finish line during Saturday's race.
First Aid certified YMCA directors immediately provided emergency CPR and paramedics from Gundersen Health System were on scene within minutes.
The person who collapsed is now in stable condition and is able to talk.
Her family says they are thankful for the quick response from event staff and volunteers.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building