WASHINGTON (AP) - Mitt Romney isn't including tea party favorite Ted Cruz among the Republicans' most electable potential presidential candidates in 2016.
Who does the 2012 GOP nominee put on his list of "very capable people?"
His ex-running mate, Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan. Florida Sen. Marco Rubio. Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush.
But Romney says New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie "stands out as one of the very strongest lights."
Romney was asked on NBC's "Meet the Press" whether Texas Sen. Cruz is a "potential light."
Romney said he's not going to disqualify anybody. But he made clear that he had given the names of those he thought were "the most effective in becoming elected."
Cruz led the GOP effort to shut down the government in an effort to dismantle Obama's health care law.
- Hunger Task Force garners tons of food through Family Fest
- La Crosse Fire Department offering free smoke alarm installation
- Area prospective home buyers learning basics
- Sunday liquor sales heads for final Minnesota Senate vote
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Researchers may have found link between stress and weight gain