ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - A gunman who robbed a St. Paul grocery store has died after he was shot by at least one police officer.
Police were called to the robbery at Kowalski's Markets just after 8:30 a.m. Monday. As officers arrived they learned the suspect had left the store through a rear entrance. Officers saw the suspect and ran after him.
Police fired and struck the suspect. Paramedics took the Brooklyn Park man to Regions Hospital, where he died.
Investigators are working to positively identify the suspect before releasing his name.
A St. Paul police spokesman says no one else was hurt. The names of the officers are not expected to be released until late Tuesday morning.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners