WINONA COUNTY, Minn. (WKBT) - Rob Averbeck announced Monday he is entering the race for Winona County Sheriff.
Averbeck has spent more than 20 years in the Dane and Winona County Sheriff Departments, including the last 10 as a criminal investigator.
Averbeck has been preparing to run for the past year and a half. He worked in every division of a Sheriff's office, which Averbeck said will help him if elected sheriff.
"With this knowledge I'll have the insight on how each division is run, how it should be run, the expectations of each division, and the expectations that each division would have on a sheriff," Averbeck said.
Current Sheriff Dave Brand has yet to announce if he will run again.
Hopeful candidates can start turning in their nomination pages on May 20. It closes on June 3 at 5 p.m. If there is a primary election, it will be on August 12 and a general election would be on November 4.23912516
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest