WINONA COUNTY, Minn. (WKBT) - Rob Averbeck announced Monday he is entering the race for Winona County Sheriff.
Averbeck has spent more than 20 years in the Dane and Winona County Sheriff Departments, including the last 10 as a criminal investigator.
Averbeck has been preparing to run for the past year and a half. He worked in every division of a Sheriff's office, which Averbeck said will help him if elected sheriff.
"With this knowledge I'll have the insight on how each division is run, how it should be run, the expectations of each division, and the expectations that each division would have on a sheriff," Averbeck said.
Current Sheriff Dave Brand has yet to announce if he will run again.
Hopeful candidates can start turning in their nomination pages on May 20. It closes on June 3 at 5 p.m. If there is a primary election, it will be on August 12 and a general election would be on November 4.23912516
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather