LA CROSSE, Wis. - About one mile of Malin Road in Genoa Township will be closed from November 26 to December 2 as crews work to rebuild Dairlyand Power Cooperative's aging transmission line.
The closure will begin at the Upper Walnut Street/Malin Road junction in Genoa and will continue east for about one mile to the top of the hill. As an alternative route, Dairyland Power says drivers may want to take Malin Road to Highway 56.
Dairyland Power Cooperative is rebuilding the southern portion of the Genoa to La Crosse Q1 transmission line, which is the primary provider of electricity for the City of La Crosse and the surrounding areas. The transmission line needs to be rebuilt due to 65 years of use and exposure to the elements, Dairyland Power said.
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Monday closings due to weather
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion