LA CROSSE, Wis. - About one mile of Malin Road in Genoa Township will be closed from November 26 to December 2 as crews work to rebuild Dairlyand Power Cooperative's aging transmission line.
The closure will begin at the Upper Walnut Street/Malin Road junction in Genoa and will continue east for about one mile to the top of the hill. As an alternative route, Dairyland Power says drivers may want to take Malin Road to Highway 56.
Dairyland Power Cooperative is rebuilding the southern portion of the Genoa to La Crosse Q1 transmission line, which is the primary provider of electricity for the City of La Crosse and the surrounding areas. The transmission line needs to be rebuilt due to 65 years of use and exposure to the elements, Dairyland Power said.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US