LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Bargain hunters looking to see Rick Springfield perform at this year's Riverfest in La Crosse got a great deal Friday.
Riverfest offered a special "Buy One, Get One Half Off" ticket sale Friday afternoon at Riverside Park.
The special sale was more than a great deal for a fun time over the Fourth -- it was also a chance to help out families of military members overseas.
For every Riverfest button sold Friday, the organization donated one button to Operation Homefront.
"It means the world to them to be able to come down to celebrate Riverfest and celebrate the 4th of July -- which is also important everyone in this country -- and really make what their families, or husbands, wives, or whoever it happens to be working in the military, make their work worth it," said Riverfest Media Director Nick Bjerke.
Riverfest kicks off at Riverside Park on Thursday, July 3rd and runs through Saturday, July 5th.
Buttons are required for anyone 13 and older. You can pick up concert tickets and buttons early at any La Crosse area Kwik Trip, or online at riverfestlacrosse.com.
Buttons will also be on sale at the gate.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Two people rescued from Onalaska Spillway
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Arcadia hosts annual Broiler Days Parade
- Bauer's Market has busy weekend
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently