LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Bargain hunters looking to see Rick Springfield perform at this year's Riverfest in La Crosse got a great deal Friday.
Riverfest offered a special "Buy One, Get One Half Off" ticket sale Friday afternoon at Riverside Park.
The special sale was more than a great deal for a fun time over the Fourth -- it was also a chance to help out families of military members overseas.
For every Riverfest button sold Friday, the organization donated one button to Operation Homefront.
"It means the world to them to be able to come down to celebrate Riverfest and celebrate the 4th of July -- which is also important everyone in this country -- and really make what their families, or husbands, wives, or whoever it happens to be working in the military, make their work worth it," said Riverfest Media Director Nick Bjerke.
Riverfest kicks off at Riverside Park on Thursday, July 3rd and runs through Saturday, July 5th.
Buttons are required for anyone 13 and older. You can pick up concert tickets and buttons early at any La Crosse area Kwik Trip, or online at riverfestlacrosse.com.
Buttons will also be on sale at the gate.
- Court: Police can take blood from unconscious drivers
- Changes sought to Wisconsin bill to help terminally ill
- Madison police investigate homicide on east side
- Wednesday deadline for Rochester student immunizations
- Trempealeau Co. K-9 leads to pair of drug arrests in one day
- Man killed by deputy was on dual paths
- Immigrant licenses complicate Minnesota's Real ID effort
- U'Ren family wants drivers to learn lesson in tragedy after fatal crash
- Fire damages Winona business
- Psychologist says La Crosse man not competent to stand trial