LA CROSSE, Wis. - John Lyche has been named the 2013 Riverfest Commodore.
John and his First Mate Linda have been married for nearly 40 years. The commodore was part of the Army Reserves until 1982. His last job in the La Crosse area was as president of DuraTech.
"Riverfest has kind of had a warm spot in our hearts because it is truly a family event," Commodore Lyche said. "It honors all that is great about the community we live in, the state and the country. And it's a very patriotic festival. Honoring those people who have spent time in the military. As well as those people who serve our country in other capacities."
Riverfest runs from Wednesday, July 3 to Saturday, July 6. For a list of events, visit Riverfest's website at www.riverfestlacrosse.com.20161236
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse