LA CROSSE, Wis. - John Lyche has been named the 2013 Riverfest Commodore.
John and his First Mate Linda have been married for nearly 40 years. The commodore was part of the Army Reserves until 1982. His last job in the La Crosse area was as president of DuraTech.
"Riverfest has kind of had a warm spot in our hearts because it is truly a family event," Commodore Lyche said. "It honors all that is great about the community we live in, the state and the country. And it's a very patriotic festival. Honoring those people who have spent time in the military. As well as those people who serve our country in other capacities."
Riverfest runs from Wednesday, July 3 to Saturday, July 6. For a list of events, visit Riverfest's website at www.riverfestlacrosse.com.20161236
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- Injured Packers Nelson, Adams could be game-time decisions
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death
- Stolen passwords used to change some grades, university says