ASHWAUBENON, Wis. (AP) - Work crews are preparing the Resch Center in Ashwaubenon for its first girls state basketball tournament.
The WIAA girls tournament has been moved from the Kohl Center in Madison to the Resch Center where the games begin Thursday.
Workers are busy putting in the basketball court and preparing for a crowd. Earlier this week, the arena was still an ice rink. They'll move or cover some of the advertising in the arena due to WIAA rules -- no beer, liquor and gaming ads are allowed.
WLUK-TV reports about 10,000 tickets have already been sold for the tournament. Organizers say the crowd will likely eclipse last year's attendance at the Kohl Center of 31,000.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners