ASHWAUBENON, Wis. (AP) - Work crews are preparing the Resch Center in Ashwaubenon for its first girls state basketball tournament.
The WIAA girls tournament has been moved from the Kohl Center in Madison to the Resch Center where the games begin Thursday.
Workers are busy putting in the basketball court and preparing for a crowd. Earlier this week, the arena was still an ice rink. They'll move or cover some of the advertising in the arena due to WIAA rules -- no beer, liquor and gaming ads are allowed.
WLUK-TV reports about 10,000 tickets have already been sold for the tournament. Organizers say the crowd will likely eclipse last year's attendance at the Kohl Center of 31,000.
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking
- No injuries at early morning house fire in Onalaska