LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Two GOP candidates in Wisconsin stopped in La Crosse to rally the troops Tuesday.
Lieutenant Governor Rebecca Kleefisch and Secretary of state candidate Julian Bradley visited with volunteers and party members at the La Crosse County GOP headquarters. They're getting the word out about their campaign and other Republicans on the ballot this fall.
Bradley is facing off against Doug La Follette, who's been in office since 1982.
Bradley says since La Follette took office, he's given up several responsibilities. Bradley wants to take on things like notaries and elections, like other secretaries of state do.
"There are just an enormous amount of duties that the secretary of state does, yet here in the state of Wisconsin it's limited to just a few duties that remain," says Bradley. "If we're going to have true value to the office, we need to get some duties back there."
Bradley has been endorsed by the state GOP and Newt Gingrich.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump