LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Two GOP candidates in Wisconsin stopped in La Crosse to rally the troops Tuesday.
Lieutenant Governor Rebecca Kleefisch and Secretary of state candidate Julian Bradley visited with volunteers and party members at the La Crosse County GOP headquarters. They're getting the word out about their campaign and other Republicans on the ballot this fall.
Bradley is facing off against Doug La Follette, who's been in office since 1982.
Bradley says since La Follette took office, he's given up several responsibilities. Bradley wants to take on things like notaries and elections, like other secretaries of state do.
"There are just an enormous amount of duties that the secretary of state does, yet here in the state of Wisconsin it's limited to just a few duties that remain," says Bradley. "If we're going to have true value to the office, we need to get some duties back there."
Bradley has been endorsed by the state GOP and Newt Gingrich.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years