LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Getting UW-La Crosse students to register and vote was the focus of a visit from a Wisconsin Representative Tuesday.
Representative Ron Kind talked to students on the UWL campus about the importance of voting. Kind also urged students to take advantage of the upcoming Early Vote period, which begins this Monday.
While Ron Kind does understand how busy students can be between jobs and classes, he says voting is how students can make their voices heard.
"I know a lot of people, especially older voters, who never ever miss an election. And for their voice to be heard, the younger generation, they need to show up as well. And then I think elected officials will be paying more and more attention to the issues that they care about," said Wisconsin Representative Ron Kind.
Representative Kind also says a voice from younger generations could help change the rhetoric surrounding presidential campaigns in the future.
- Hunger Task Force garners tons of food through Family Fest
- La Crosse Fire Department offering free smoke alarm installation
- Area prospective home buyers learning basics
- Sunday liquor sales heads for final Minnesota Senate vote
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- Officers fired upon in Milwaukee