LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Getting UW-La Crosse students to register and vote was the focus of a visit from a Wisconsin Representative Tuesday.
Representative Ron Kind talked to students on the UWL campus about the importance of voting. Kind also urged students to take advantage of the upcoming Early Vote period, which begins this Monday.
While Ron Kind does understand how busy students can be between jobs and classes, he says voting is how students can make their voices heard.
"I know a lot of people, especially older voters, who never ever miss an election. And for their voice to be heard, the younger generation, they need to show up as well. And then I think elected officials will be paying more and more attention to the issues that they care about," said Wisconsin Representative Ron Kind.
Representative Kind also says a voice from younger generations could help change the rhetoric surrounding presidential campaigns in the future.
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Get a 'taste' of Onalaska while helping area teachers
- Xcel sets new record for hydroelectric production
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration