LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Getting UW-La Crosse students to register and vote was the focus of a visit from a Wisconsin Representative Tuesday.
Representative Ron Kind talked to students on the UWL campus about the importance of voting. Kind also urged students to take advantage of the upcoming Early Vote period, which begins this Monday.
While Ron Kind does understand how busy students can be between jobs and classes, he says voting is how students can make their voices heard.
"I know a lot of people, especially older voters, who never ever miss an election. And for their voice to be heard, the younger generation, they need to show up as well. And then I think elected officials will be paying more and more attention to the issues that they care about," said Wisconsin Representative Ron Kind.
Representative Kind also says a voice from younger generations could help change the rhetoric surrounding presidential campaigns in the future.
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Prison launches service dog training program
- Heart disease survivor pushes forward
- Flooding affecting Memorial Day camping in La Crosse
- Father-son team arrested in Chicago-to-La Crosse drug trade, police say
- La Crosse Valley View Mall for sale by property owner
- Emergency responders take part in mass casualty drill at La Crosse airport
- Gehl Foods distributed nacho cheese linked to fatal botulism
- Bennett getting acclimated quickly to Packers
- La Crosse Center approves 10-game schedule for pro basketball team