LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Getting UW-La Crosse students to register and vote was the focus of a visit from a Wisconsin Representative Tuesday.
Representative Ron Kind talked to students on the UWL campus about the importance of voting. Kind also urged students to take advantage of the upcoming Early Vote period, which begins this Monday.
While Ron Kind does understand how busy students can be between jobs and classes, he says voting is how students can make their voices heard.
"I know a lot of people, especially older voters, who never ever miss an election. And for their voice to be heard, the younger generation, they need to show up as well. And then I think elected officials will be paying more and more attention to the issues that they care about," said Wisconsin Representative Ron Kind.
Representative Kind also says a voice from younger generations could help change the rhetoric surrounding presidential campaigns in the future.
- Aquinas senior earns distinguished honor
- Trial set to begin for man who stole guns, sent manifesto
- 23rd annual Tri-Quest raises money for local organizations
- Disaster drill prepares medical personnel for rural emergencies' unique challenges
- Winona Courthouse celebrates 129 years
- Oktoberfest Medallion found
- Businesses in southeast Minnesota work to grow music scene
- Man caught in farm machinery dies in west-central Wisconsin
- 24 Iowa Air Guard security troops draw Puerto Rico duty
- Green Bay diocese says priest accused of sex abuse cleared