LANDSING, Ill. - An Amber Alert was issued Thursday night in connection to a former Wisconsin Badgers football player accused of abducting his 3-year-old daughter, according to TV reports.
The Amber Alert said police were looking for Marcus Randle-El, 27, who allegedly abducted his 3-year-old daughter from Lansing, Ill. just after 8 p.m. Thursday, according to WMAQ-TV.
Authorities canceled the Amber Alert early Friday morning after the girl was returned home.
Randle-El played for the Badgers from 2004 to 2007, and is the brother of former Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antwaan Randle-El.
Lansing police are expected to provide further details about the abduction later Friday.
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Wisconsin Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract