LANDSING, Ill. - An Amber Alert was issued Thursday night in connection to a former Wisconsin Badgers football player accused of abducting his 3-year-old daughter, according to TV reports.
The Amber Alert said police were looking for Marcus Randle-El, 27, who allegedly abducted his 3-year-old daughter from Lansing, Ill. just after 8 p.m. Thursday, according to WMAQ-TV.
Authorities canceled the Amber Alert early Friday morning after the girl was returned home.
Randle-El played for the Badgers from 2004 to 2007, and is the brother of former Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antwaan Randle-El.
Lansing police are expected to provide further details about the abduction later Friday.
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Monday closings due to weather
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion