NEW YORK - "60 Minutes" is reporting that members of Alex Rodriguez's inner circle obtained and leaked documents that implicated Ryan Braun and other players in using performance-enhancing drugs.
The report released Friday, citing unidentified sources, says that the leak occurred in February, days after the Miami New Times published documents implicating the Yankees star in the Biogenesis investigation.
In the Miami New Times documents, the names of Braun and one of Rodriguez's teammates, catcher Francisco Cervelli, are redacted. "60 Minutes" reports that members of Rodriguez's camp obtained unredacted versions and leaked them to Yahoo! Sports.
Rodriguez's lawyer, David Cornwell, denies the allegations to the CBS show.
Rodriguez has been suspended for 211 games through the 2014 season. He is allowed to play until a decision is issued by arbitrator Fredric Horowitz, which is not expected until at least November. Braun has accepted a 65-game suspension.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse