President Obama is calling on companies to hire workers that have been unemployed for a long period of time. Congressman Ron Kind says that task is both important, and difficult.
Rep. Kind says putting the unemployed back to work will not only save taxpayers from paying for unemployment, but will also give people a paycheck that they will spend, helping boost the economy.
Rep. Kind also says there are jobs out there, but there are not enough skilled workers to fill the positions. He thinks job training is important in bridging that skills gap.
We also asked Rep. Kind about why he voted against the Farm Bill, and the difficult task of ending farm subsidies for billion dollar companies.
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp