LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Representative Ron Kind hosted a listening session at the La Crosse Public Library on Tuesday afternoon.
It was one of 19 sessions Kind has planned throughout the area.
Only a handful of people showed up on Tuesday.
One of the resident's primary issues was the environment and climate change. Larry Sleznikow said he wants to see fossil fuels taxed in order to level the playing field for greener energy options.
"My children, Congressman Kind's children, they're the ones that will be paying the price for our use of fossil based fuels and climate change," said Sleznikow.
Other topics at Tuesday's listening session included the VA hosptials, small businesses, and the economy.
"These listening sessions are a great opportunity for me to keep in touch with people across the Third Congressional District, by hearing your views and talking about my work in Washington," Rep. Kind said in a statement.
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Wisconsin's youth prison hit with another lawsuit
- Wisconsin judge drops power line construction ban
- Walker signs bill allowing minors at music festivals
- Minnesota lawmaker aims to make it harder to avoid vaccines
- 2-year-old Milwaukee boy accidentally shoots self
- The Latest: Lawmakers work through the night on state budget
- Man pleads not guilty in deadly Iowa jail escape
- Man accused of killing parents, sister, pleads not guilty
- Senators want hearing aids available over the counter