LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Representative Ron Kind hosted a listening session at the La Crosse Public Library on Tuesday afternoon.
It was one of 19 sessions Kind has planned throughout the area.
Only a handful of people showed up on Tuesday.
One of the resident's primary issues was the environment and climate change. Larry Sleznikow said he wants to see fossil fuels taxed in order to level the playing field for greener energy options.
"My children, Congressman Kind's children, they're the ones that will be paying the price for our use of fossil based fuels and climate change," said Sleznikow.
Other topics at Tuesday's listening session included the VA hosptials, small businesses, and the economy.
"These listening sessions are a great opportunity for me to keep in touch with people across the Third Congressional District, by hearing your views and talking about my work in Washington," Rep. Kind said in a statement.
- News 8 Investigates - Watching the Watchers
- Looking ahead: Spring road construction
- Winter thaw reveals needles in streets
- Driver identified in bizarre car crash Sunday
- Man puts meth in tip jar and cash
- Warm weather creates dangerous ice conditions
- Wisconsin Primaries includes one La Crosse district, State Superintendent
- Woman found guilty of killing bicyclist while texting
- Candle caused fatal Madison condo fire; victim identified
- Walker asks public for help selling his budget