LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The annual effort to clean up our neighborhoods here in La Crosse is off to a good start, but more volunteers are needed.
More than a hundred volunteers with the ReNew La Crosse effort have helped complete dozens housing and community clean-up projects during the month of May. In the Powell-Poage-Hamilton and Washburn neighborhoods alone, 40 projects on 26 properties have been completed.
Although a lot of work has been done so far, volunteers are still needed to cross a few more projects off the ReNew list. If you'd like to donate your time to the cause, you can visit their website at renewlacrosse.org.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners
- Representative Kind outlines goals for congressional session
- Debate over medical marijuana continues in Wisconsin
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers