LA CROSSE, Wis. - Daylight saving time is quickly approaching once again.
At 2:00 a.m. on Sunday, clocks should be set an hour forward.
Fire officials say this is also the perfect time to check a number of safety devices throughout your home, including smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors.
"It's just an easy thing to remember, that okay we gotta move our clocks forward, whoops, now we need to remember to change our batteries in our smoke alarms and our carbon monoxide detectors too," says La Crosse Fire Lieutenant Bee Xiong.
Xiong says on top of changing batteries every six months, you should test the detectors once a month.19248230
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- UPDATE: Two additional suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Repealing Obamacare: Trump says fast, Congress says slow
- Missing elderly man found dead in Grant County
- State leaders push for more progress at MLK Day celebration
- Winter Rec-Fest brings winter sports to La Crosse families
- La Crosse Public Education Foundation honors grant recipients
- 1 dead, 4 others injured by apparent carbon monoxide
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion