LA CROSSE, Wis. - Daylight saving time is quickly approaching once again.
At 2:00 a.m. on Sunday, clocks should be set an hour forward.
Fire officials say this is also the perfect time to check a number of safety devices throughout your home, including smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors.
"It's just an easy thing to remember, that okay we gotta move our clocks forward, whoops, now we need to remember to change our batteries in our smoke alarms and our carbon monoxide detectors too," says La Crosse Fire Lieutenant Bee Xiong.
Xiong says on top of changing batteries every six months, you should test the detectors once a month.19248230
- Wisconsin plan seeks to cut achievement gap in half
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Luger plans to stay involved in counter-extremism efforts
- Another baby turned over under Iowa safe haven law
- I-94 eastbound near Eau Claire closed late Thursday due to crash
- Bond reduced in university student death case