ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - While you are out shopping for your family's holiday gifts this weekend, some furry friends could use a few gifts as well.
The Coulee Region Humane Society hopes you will donate this holiday season for their annual Giving Tree. The third annual event has people take an ornament from the Giving Tree and support the shelter with the gift named on the ornament.
The humane Society is asking for pet food, litter, toys and more.
Humane Society officials say every gift helps provide for the pets until they find a forever home.
"As they're waiting for their homes we have to give them new bedding every day, new toys to play with. They go through food, water. Some of them need special canned food. The babies need special milk replacement. So we go through those supplies every day until they get adopted into their forever homes," said Coulee Region Humane Society's Community Outreach Coordinator Samantha Luhmann.
You can find the tree in Onalaska's Valley View Mall. The Humane Society hopes to have the tree available through Christmas.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners