ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - While you are out shopping for your family's holiday gifts this weekend, some furry friends could use a few gifts as well.
The Coulee Region Humane Society hopes you will donate this holiday season for their annual Giving Tree. The third annual event has people take an ornament from the Giving Tree and support the shelter with the gift named on the ornament.
The humane Society is asking for pet food, litter, toys and more.
Humane Society officials say every gift helps provide for the pets until they find a forever home.
"As they're waiting for their homes we have to give them new bedding every day, new toys to play with. They go through food, water. Some of them need special canned food. The babies need special milk replacement. So we go through those supplies every day until they get adopted into their forever homes," said Coulee Region Humane Society's Community Outreach Coordinator Samantha Luhmann.
You can find the tree in Onalaska's Valley View Mall. The Humane Society hopes to have the tree available through Christmas.
- Water-damaged cars from Hurricane Harvey may end up for sale locally
- Ethics complaint against Town of Campbell Chair withdrawn
- Trempealeau Co. officials upset with DA, turn to Walker
- Two La Crosse businesses receive Travel Green Wisconsin awards for green practices
- Xcel Energy teaches about bioenergy production in La Crosse
- Senate committee to vote on hemp farming bill
- Wisconsin agency leaders working on problems in Foxconn deal
- Minnesota files Amazon bid; offers no details
- Report: $5.4 million in questionable UW transactions
- Walker rides Harley, jogs in new video touting record