ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - While you are out shopping for your family's holiday gifts this weekend, some furry friends could use a few gifts as well.
The Coulee Region Humane Society hopes you will donate this holiday season for their annual Giving Tree. The third annual event has people take an ornament from the Giving Tree and support the shelter with the gift named on the ornament.
The humane Society is asking for pet food, litter, toys and more.
Humane Society officials say every gift helps provide for the pets until they find a forever home.
"As they're waiting for their homes we have to give them new bedding every day, new toys to play with. They go through food, water. Some of them need special canned food. The babies need special milk replacement. So we go through those supplies every day until they get adopted into their forever homes," said Coulee Region Humane Society's Community Outreach Coordinator Samantha Luhmann.
You can find the tree in Onalaska's Valley View Mall. The Humane Society hopes to have the tree available through Christmas.
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Wisconsin's youth prison hit with another lawsuit
- The Latest: Lawmakers work through the night on state budget
- Man pleads not guilty in deadly Iowa jail escape
- Man accused of killing parents, sister, pleads not guilty
- Senators want hearing aids available over the counter
- Iowa man found mentally fit to stand trial in double murder
- Iowa court offices to be closed Friday due to budget cuts
- "Share the Love" donation to Family & Children's Center
- Bennett getting acclimated quickly to Packers