LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - Registration for the La Crosse Salvation Army's Christmas programs begins on Thursday.
Low income La Crosse County residents can register for the Christmas food baskets, Angel Giving Tree and the La Crosse Jaycees' Toys for Tots at the National Guard Armory in Onalaska.
The baskets will include turkey, potatoes and stuffing and some grocery items. Families with newborns through 17-years-old can register for Angel Tree gifts. The Salvation Army will match registered kids with community sponsors to make sure they have a gift. Children up to 12 years old can register for Toys for Tots.
To register for these programs, you must bring proof of residency, income and verification of each child in the house. These programs are open to low income residents in La Crosse County who have not registered for any other assistance programs.
Registration dates and times are as follows at the National Guard Armory in Onalaska:
November 7 Noon - 6 pm
November 8 10 am - 2 pm
November 9 10 am - 2 pm
November 11 2 pm - 6 pm
November 12 10 am - 2 pm
If you would like to sponsor kids who have registered for the Angel Giving Tree can pick up a tag at the Valley View Mall starting November 18.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse