LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The Salvation Army's Red Kettle Campaign is about 86% of the way to its goal.
Public Relations and Development Director Julie Nelson says in the days between Christmas and New Years, people walked in with checks totaling $18,535. $5,000 of that has been matched by a La Crosse couple.
That puts the total campaign at $562,549.74. This year's goal is $650,000.
The Red Kettle Campaign continues through the end of January.
- La Crosse Police urge boaters to be safe over weekend
- De Soto student in custody for school threat
- Man convicted of killing Wisconsin woman buried in basement
- Jury convicts man in St. Paul workplace shooting of ex-wife
- Troopers focus on Interstate 90 in South Dakota, Minnesota
- Woman jumps on hood of car to stop thief
- Judge dismisses lawsuit from teacher body-slammed by student
- Dubuque high school teacher charged in marijuana case
- 18-year-old suspect in custody in Appleton bank robbery
- Minneapolis man arrested in Columbia Heights bank robbery