As the Spring flooding season approaches, the American Red Cross wants you to be prepared in the event of an emergency.
They have created a free flood app for your smart phone or tablet. The app has several features like warning you of flooding in your area and telling where the nearest shelter is located. It also has helpful tips to keep you prepared in the event of a flood.
The Red Cross says the app is particularly valuable in a place like the Coulee Region. "We only have to go back a few years and we had two major floods that struck and so again, having this information readily available, you just never know when a flood can happen and having that information is so important in being prepared for disasters," said Kyle Kriegle from the Scenic Bluffs Chapter of the American Red Cross.
The app is available at the app store on your phone or tablet or by visiting www.redcross.org.
- Copyright 2016 by WKBT News8000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- On Your Side - Guide to Buying Glasses Online
- VIDEO: Area couples prepare for wedding season
- VIDEO: De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- VIDEO: Local event helps connect military families
- VIDEO: Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests