As the Spring flooding season approaches, the American Red Cross wants you to be prepared in the event of an emergency.
They have created a free flood app for your smart phone or tablet. The app has several features like warning you of flooding in your area and telling where the nearest shelter is located. It also has helpful tips to keep you prepared in the event of a flood.
The Red Cross says the app is particularly valuable in a place like the Coulee Region. "We only have to go back a few years and we had two major floods that struck and so again, having this information readily available, you just never know when a flood can happen and having that information is so important in being prepared for disasters," said Kyle Kriegle from the Scenic Bluffs Chapter of the American Red Cross.
The app is available at the app store on your phone or tablet or by visiting www.redcross.org.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviormental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks