PORTAGE, Wis. (AP) - Authorities say the soft, rain-soaked ground may have prevented more serious injuries to a toddler who fell from a second-story window in Portage.
Police say a screen broke as the 3-year-old boy leaned against it Thursday at his apartment. Lt. Penny Kiefer tells News 8's sister station, WISC-TV the toddler landed on the grass below. He was taken to Divine Savior Health Care and transferred to UW Hospital in Madison.
Kiefer says the boy's injuries appear to be minor.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death