PORTAGE, Wis. (AP) - Authorities say the soft, rain-soaked ground may have prevented more serious injuries to a toddler who fell from a second-story window in Portage.
Police say a screen broke as the 3-year-old boy leaned against it Thursday at his apartment. Lt. Penny Kiefer tells News 8's sister station, WISC-TV the toddler landed on the grass below. He was taken to Divine Savior Health Care and transferred to UW Hospital in Madison.
Kiefer says the boy's injuries appear to be minor.
- Wisconsin man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- GOP bill would discipline hecklers at UW speeches
- Wisconsin DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Wisconsin judge hears challenge to homemade bakery ban
- Teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Hate crime lawsuit settled in northern Iowa
- Milwaukee Bucks settle lawsuit over cheerleader pay
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff