LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Some members of the U.S. Ski Team hit the slopes in La Crosse recently.
It's part of the 8th annual Dan Nagy Memorial ski tournament. The 3-day event features current U.S. ski team members as well as racers trying to make the team. There are also skiers from all over the world, including 3 from France.
The event is named after Dan Nagy, a former high school and collegiate skier who raced at Mt. La Crosse for the state tournament. "Dan absolutely loved this hill because it's the most challenging hill in the entire central division," says Mark Navin of the Southeastern Wisconsin Alpine Ski Team, "it's one of the most challenging hills really for slalom, in the United States, and to have it here and to have Dan's family here with us and celebrating his life is just an honor and it's so much fun to come back here every year."
Some of the racers Sunday just missed out on going to Sochi.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners