LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Some members of the U.S. Ski Team hit the slopes in La Crosse recently.
It's part of the 8th annual Dan Nagy Memorial ski tournament. The 3-day event features current U.S. ski team members as well as racers trying to make the team. There are also skiers from all over the world, including 3 from France.
The event is named after Dan Nagy, a former high school and collegiate skier who raced at Mt. La Crosse for the state tournament. "Dan absolutely loved this hill because it's the most challenging hill in the entire central division," says Mark Navin of the Southeastern Wisconsin Alpine Ski Team, "it's one of the most challenging hills really for slalom, in the United States, and to have it here and to have Dan's family here with us and celebrating his life is just an honor and it's so much fun to come back here every year."
Some of the racers Sunday just missed out on going to Sochi.
- Viterbo celebrates one year of 'Service Saturdays'
- New safety measures on the way to Norplex Drive after recent creek death
- Rep. Walz mulling Democratic bid for Minnesota governor
- Gundersen program helps mothers, parents with drug addictions
- Wisconsin attorney general appeals redistricting ruling
- La Crosse Fire Department offering free smoke alarm installation
- Researchers may have found link between stress and weight gain
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 25, 2017
- Area church making capes for kids in pediatric ward
- VITA program helping people file their taxes