LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Some members of the U.S. Ski Team hit the slopes in La Crosse recently.
It's part of the 8th annual Dan Nagy Memorial ski tournament. The 3-day event features current U.S. ski team members as well as racers trying to make the team. There are also skiers from all over the world, including 3 from France.
The event is named after Dan Nagy, a former high school and collegiate skier who raced at Mt. La Crosse for the state tournament. "Dan absolutely loved this hill because it's the most challenging hill in the entire central division," says Mark Navin of the Southeastern Wisconsin Alpine Ski Team, "it's one of the most challenging hills really for slalom, in the United States, and to have it here and to have Dan's family here with us and celebrating his life is just an honor and it's so much fun to come back here every year."
Some of the racers Sunday just missed out on going to Sochi.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Two people rescued from Onalaska Spillway
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Arcadia hosts annual Broiler Days Parade
- Bauer's Market has busy weekend
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently