LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse Area Autism Foundation will be holding its "Puzzled Classic for Autism" during Riverfest on July 5th.
A 5K run, 10K run, 5K walk and kid's run are available to the public. Participants will also receive a ticket to a free pancake breakfast.
While most of the money will go back to benefiting the La Crosse Area Autism Foundation, the president of the foundation says some of the funds will also go to helping out a local institute.
"The reason we did this is because Chileda saw the need for some of their programs that they fund for kids -- in-home care, stuff like that -- they saw a deficiency in funding, so we're going to help them with that as well," said Adam Weissenberger.
If you would like to sign up to run or volunteer, you can head to their website at www.laxautism.org/puzzle, contact them be email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call them at 608-618-0523.
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Evers has $117,000 in bank for superintendent run
- Court upholds order for fingerprint to unlock cellphone
- Reynolds supports program cuts to defund Planned Parenthood