LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse Area Autism Foundation will be holding its "Puzzled Classic for Autism" during Riverfest on July 5th.
A 5K run, 10K run, 5K walk and kid's run are available to the public. Participants will also receive a ticket to a free pancake breakfast.
While most of the money will go back to benefiting the La Crosse Area Autism Foundation, the president of the foundation says some of the funds will also go to helping out a local institute.
"The reason we did this is because Chileda saw the need for some of their programs that they fund for kids -- in-home care, stuff like that -- they saw a deficiency in funding, so we're going to help them with that as well," said Adam Weissenberger.
If you would like to sign up to run or volunteer, you can head to their website at www.laxautism.org/puzzle, contact them be email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call them at 608-618-0523.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse