LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - Local writers and directors put on a performance at the Pumphouse Saturday that they had prepared for all night long.
More than 20 area performers teamed up and took part in the 24-hour challenge. The teams had only one day to create, practice and perform a 10-minute scene. They were also armed with just one prop.
Participants say it's a great way to show off the talent we have here, in the Coulee Region.
"We really have a great slew of talent to pull from," said Jonathon Lamb, founder of Behling and Company, who helped put on the competition. "Not only am I talking about actors, but writers as well. What a challenge for writers to do. Everyone has the same starting sentence, but all three scenes are completely different. "
The teams performed their scenes tonight at the Pump House, where the crowd decided who won.23887132
- Local event helps connect military families
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Minnesota GOP charts new course in response to protests