LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - Local writers and directors put on a performance at the Pumphouse Saturday that they had prepared for all night long.
More than 20 area performers teamed up and took part in the 24-hour challenge. The teams had only one day to create, practice and perform a 10-minute scene. They were also armed with just one prop.
Participants say it's a great way to show off the talent we have here, in the Coulee Region.
"We really have a great slew of talent to pull from," said Jonathon Lamb, founder of Behling and Company, who helped put on the competition. "Not only am I talking about actors, but writers as well. What a challenge for writers to do. Everyone has the same starting sentence, but all three scenes are completely different. "
The teams performed their scenes tonight at the Pump House, where the crowd decided who won.23887132
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviormental excellence
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks