ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - As the temperature cools down Wisconsin's propane industry will soon be heating up.
However industry leaders do not expect the same kind of shortage that occurred last winter.
Because of how many people were in need of propane during the harsh winter companies couldn't supply enough propane fast enough to where it was needed. Now propane companies are stocking up and want to make sure the shortage won't happen again this year.
"There is a good supply available right now, so we encourage everybody to fill their tanks now, while we know the supply is still there and stay in communication with their suppliers and give us a heads up when they know that their you know going to be needing a fill rather than waiting until their tanks are nearly empty," said Midwest Fuels General Manager Aaron Benson.
Benson said additional propane storage has been added across the region to help with any possible shortage.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death