MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Stearns County prosecutors have been given more time to consider charges against a man suspected of killing a Cold Spring police officer.
Prosecutors say Monday that a judge approved their request to keep 34-year-old Ryan Michael Larson in custody for an additional 24 hours while they continue to review the case.
Larson is being held in the Stearns County Jail in connection with last week's killing of Officer Tom Decker.
Decker and his partner were checking on a man reported to be suicidal last Thursday when Decker was shot multiple times. Authorities called it an ambush.
Decker, a father of four, had been with the Cold Spring department for six years. His funeral will be held Wednesday in nearby Collegeville.
Authorities say the investigation is ongoing.
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Adams joins Nelson as latest question in Packers WR group
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing