LA CROSSE, Wis. - La Crosse's newest city council members have a bit to learn before they get rolling.
The four new members were sworn in on Tuesday. Now they can look forward to "Council 101" - a basic informational session conducted by the city attorney, council president, and Teri Lehrke, the city clerk.
The orientation provides a lot of information, but Lehrke says it's mostly just the basics.19814534
"About the committee system, election of officers, updates, codebook updates, how to enact legislation," says Lehrke.
Council members also get a quick introduction to Parliamentary Procedure.
The training is scheduled for next week.
- Area couple awaits man's heart, liver transplant
- WIAA to offer concussion insurance for student athletes
- Sparta American Legion Family presents check to Freedom Honor Flight
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Local program offers veterans extra healthcare
- Holmen continues expansion with office building groundbreaking
- West Salem Middle School raises awareness for importance of physical activity
- ‘Nursing Research on the Green' presents advances in nursing at Viterbo
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Minnesota power plant that burns turkey litter faces closure