LA CROSSE, Wis. - La Crosse's newest city council members have a bit to learn before they get rolling.
The four new members were sworn in on Tuesday. Now they can look forward to "Council 101" - a basic informational session conducted by the city attorney, council president, and Teri Lehrke, the city clerk.
The orientation provides a lot of information, but Lehrke says it's mostly just the basics.19814534
"About the committee system, election of officers, updates, codebook updates, how to enact legislation," says Lehrke.
Council members also get a quick introduction to Parliamentary Procedure.
The training is scheduled for next week.
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton says he will finish his term despite being diagnosed with prostate cancer
- La Crosse in top 20 college towns
- Assignment: Education - Global Partners mentors Hamilton students
- Trump to take executive action advancing oil pipelines
- United Way nears campaign goal
- La Crosse County sees record home sales in 2016
- Couleecap granted $53,000 for entrepreneurial support
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature
- Dayton plots big budget with public health insurance option