LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - An event meant to raise money for area food shelves is getting some extra help.
Generous Earth pottery in La Crosse is volunteering its time and students to make bowls by hand for the Empty Bowl fundraiser in February. The pottery studio is hoping to make 1,000 bowls for people to use while taste testing different soups offered at the fundraiser.
Volunteers have been working for the past two days, making bowls. Saturday, the studio made 300 bowls.
"We love making pottery. Everyone here loves making bowls, so we thought, ‘What a perfect fit. We can make a thousand bowls, fill them with soup, sell the soup, and that money will go directly to the people that need it in our community,'" said Karen Bressi, owner of Generous Earth Pottery.
The Empty Bowl fundraiser kicks off Feb. 8.23899848
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers