LA CROSSE, WI (WKBT) - An event meant to raise money for area food shelves is getting some extra help.
Generous Earth pottery in La Crosse is volunteering its time and students to make bowls by hand for the Empty Bowl fundraiser in February. The pottery studio is hoping to make 1,000 bowls for people to use while taste testing different soups offered at the fundraiser.
Volunteers have been working for the past two days, making bowls. Saturday, the studio made 300 bowls.
"We love making pottery. Everyone here loves making bowls, so we thought, ‘What a perfect fit. We can make a thousand bowls, fill them with soup, sell the soup, and that money will go directly to the people that need it in our community,'" said Karen Bressi, owner of Generous Earth Pottery.
The Empty Bowl fundraiser kicks off Feb. 8.23899848
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016