ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - A major artery for drivers in Onalaska is now open to traffic.
The City announced on Friday morning that 12th Avenue South is once again easily accessible, providing access to businesses in Crossing Meadows including the Onalaska Festival Foods.
"It's been a busy summer for road construction," Onalaska Mayor Joe Chilsen said. "Detours are never fun but our citizens were unfailingly patient. The modifications to East Main and Theater Road have significantly improved traffic flow and with the opening of 12th, Crossing Meadows is now once again easily accessible. I'd like to thank everyone for their patience and our Street Department for all their hard work."
The Onalaska Street Department said there is still some ongoing construction on 12th Avenue South and there may be limited lane usage during working hours (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.) but traffic will be allowed through. The project is scheduled to be complete by Labor Day, Monday, September 1.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks