ONALASKA, Wis. (WKBT) - A major artery for drivers in Onalaska is now open to traffic.
The City announced on Friday morning that 12th Avenue South is once again easily accessible, providing access to businesses in Crossing Meadows including the Onalaska Festival Foods.
"It's been a busy summer for road construction," Onalaska Mayor Joe Chilsen said. "Detours are never fun but our citizens were unfailingly patient. The modifications to East Main and Theater Road have significantly improved traffic flow and with the opening of 12th, Crossing Meadows is now once again easily accessible. I'd like to thank everyone for their patience and our Street Department for all their hard work."
The Onalaska Street Department said there is still some ongoing construction on 12th Avenue South and there may be limited lane usage during working hours (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.) but traffic will be allowed through. The project is scheduled to be complete by Labor Day, Monday, September 1.
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- Nebraska, Iowa Guard troops assigned inauguration duties
- E. Iowa man charged in death of woman killed by cannon
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion Hunt Clues 2017
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge