MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- - Madison police have arrested a man who allegedly beat a woman because he was upset with a Christmas gift she bought.
Police say the 23-year-old Madison man was arguing Sunday with a 30-year-old woman.
A police spokesman tells The Capital Times the man said the woman had been out shopping too long and had bought the wrong Christmas gift.
Officers were sent after getting reports of a man with a gun. When police arrived they saw a man running from the building. He jumped over a fence but was stopped by officers.
The police spokesman says people told officers the man allegedly battered the woman in a hallway of the apartment and that he was carrying a gun case.
Officers recovered cash, marijuana, ammunition and a 12-gauge shotgun.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building