ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - Newly-released video provides further insight into a fatal police shooting in St. Paul.
Officer Daniel King was shot and seriously wounded Oct. 23 when he and his partner, Brian Wanschura, were ambushed by Chue Xiong in a parking lot behind Hope Community Academy. Xiong was fatally shot.
The video released to the St. Paul Pioneer Press shows Wanschura tumbling out of the squad car and firing at Xiong. Gunshots and shouts of "Mayday!" can be heard, along with King moaning in pain.
St. Paul Police Federation president Dave Titus says Wanschura saved King's life by reacting so swiftly to Xiong's gunfire. Titus says King continues to recover and hasn't yet returned to work.
A grand jury in December determined police were justified in shooting Xiong.
- Holmen man sentenced to life for murder of girlfriend
- Holmen man in custody after armed robbery and 5-hour standoff
- Herberger's to move into former Macy's location at Valley View Mall
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing
- Bill banning abortion coverage for state workers up for vote
- Education accountability bill up for committee vote
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- Man accused of trying to kill girlfriend faces sentencing
- Urban Beekeeping
- New breast cancer detection soon offered at Mayo Clinic in La Crosse