ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - Newly-released video provides further insight into a fatal police shooting in St. Paul.
Officer Daniel King was shot and seriously wounded Oct. 23 when he and his partner, Brian Wanschura, were ambushed by Chue Xiong in a parking lot behind Hope Community Academy. Xiong was fatally shot.
The video released to the St. Paul Pioneer Press shows Wanschura tumbling out of the squad car and firing at Xiong. Gunshots and shouts of "Mayday!" can be heard, along with King moaning in pain.
St. Paul Police Federation president Dave Titus says Wanschura saved King's life by reacting so swiftly to Xiong's gunfire. Titus says King continues to recover and hasn't yet returned to work.
A grand jury in December determined police were justified in shooting Xiong.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse