CLINTON, Iowa (AP) - Authorities say they were forced to shoot at two dogs to stop them from attacking a Clinton man.
Clinton police say the pit bulls attacked 31-year-old Benjamin Nave Tuesday night. Nave was taken to an Iowa City hospital for treatment. His condition is unknown.
The Clinton Herald reports the first officer at the scene had to shoot at the dogs to stop the attack. Both dogs fled and one was located a short time later.
The newspaper reports the captured dog was killed by police. The other dog remains missing, though the owner of the dogs has been identified.
Additional information about the case has not been released.
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking
- Cool, wet conditions put damper on Minnesota spring planting
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Assignment: Education - Backpack meals