CLINTON, Iowa (AP) - Authorities say they were forced to shoot at two dogs to stop them from attacking a Clinton man.
Clinton police say the pit bulls attacked 31-year-old Benjamin Nave Tuesday night. Nave was taken to an Iowa City hospital for treatment. His condition is unknown.
The Clinton Herald reports the first officer at the scene had to shoot at the dogs to stop the attack. Both dogs fled and one was located a short time later.
The newspaper reports the captured dog was killed by police. The other dog remains missing, though the owner of the dogs has been identified.
Additional information about the case has not been released.
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota
- Complaint leads to cross being removed from vets memorial
- Husband charged in connection to wife's death