LA CROSSE, Wis. - La Crosse police officers are looking for a young driver after he took off from a crash scene on Friday night.
The driver smashed a truck into Sir Speedy Printing, 146 Rose Street. It happened shortly before 9 p.m.
Witnesses say the vehicle was being pursued by police at a high rate of speed just before the crash.
"It sounded like a bomb went off," said Bronson Hurt, a witness who shot cell phone video of the scene just moments after the crash happened.
In the video, you can see a passenger getting out of the truck. He did not escape. Police are still looking for the driver, who fled on foot.
"They must have been going anywhere between 50 and 75 miles-per-hour when they hit the building, so pretty scary," said Hurt.
No one was injured in the crash.17791888
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Tuesday closings due to weather
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats propose legalizing medical marijuana
- Pocan no longer attending inauguration
- Baldwin, Kind both attending inauguration while Pocan skips
- New faces breathe new life into debate on Sunday booze ban
- Changes coming to prescription drug monitoring website Tuesday
- Rodgers appears on cover of Sports Illustrated