LA CROSSE, Wis. - La Crosse police officers are looking for a young driver after he took off from a crash scene on Friday night.
The driver smashed a truck into Sir Speedy Printing, 146 Rose Street. It happened shortly before 9 p.m.
Witnesses say the vehicle was being pursued by police at a high rate of speed just before the crash.
"It sounded like a bomb went off," said Bronson Hurt, a witness who shot cell phone video of the scene just moments after the crash happened.
In the video, you can see a passenger getting out of the truck. He did not escape. Police are still looking for the driver, who fled on foot.
"They must have been going anywhere between 50 and 75 miles-per-hour when they hit the building, so pretty scary," said Hurt.
No one was injured in the crash.17791888
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building