DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Police say vandals have hit a fur shop owned by Des Moines Mayor Frank Cownie.
The Des Moines Register reports a passerby on Sunday morning noticed the damage at Cownie Furs, west of the city's downtown.
Police say someone spray-painted the word "murder" on the side of the building, and three windows and three glass doors were broken.
Damage was estimated at $2,700.
There have been no arrests in the incident.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.