DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Police say vandals have hit a fur shop owned by Des Moines Mayor Frank Cownie.
The Des Moines Register reports a passerby on Sunday morning noticed the damage at Cownie Furs, west of the city's downtown.
Police say someone spray-painted the word "murder" on the side of the building, and three windows and three glass doors were broken.
Damage was estimated at $2,700.
There have been no arrests in the incident.
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Bills to fight homelessness in Wisconsin up for vote
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in Wisconsin
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Wisconsin dairy farms face closure due to Canadian policies
- Walker says he has 'no interest' in higher vehicle fees
- Mom who made kids sleep in feces-covered room gets probation
- Democrats announce new gun safety coalition
- Bill would eliminate last of Wisconsin's prevailing wage
- First Battalion aviation unit deploys to Middle East