POTOSI, WI - A motorcycle-versus-truck crash leaves two people dead, officials say.
Officials responded to reports of a motorcycle-versus-truck accident Wednesday night at State and British Hollow roads in the town of Potosi, according to a news release.
A preliminary investigation found that Joseph P. Stelpflug, 21, of Potosi, was traveling north on Stage Road approaching the British Hollow Road intersection in a 1992 Dodge, according to the release. David Edge, 59, of rural Potosi, was traveling west on British Hollow Road on a 2011 Harley Davidson motorcycle.
Edge pulled onto Stage Road to head south, and Stelpflug attempted to avoid the motorcycle, but a collision occurred, officials said. Edge and his passenger, Joan Edge, 59, were ejected from the motorcycle.
Joan Edge was pronounced dead at the scene, according to the release. David Edge was taken to Grant Regional Health Center but died as a result of his injuries. Neither of them were wearing helmets.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Local program helps entrepreneurs succeed
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- Low unemployment creates 'employee market'
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Assembly Republicans call for $300 million for roads
- New chronic wasting disease case found in central Minnesota