POTOSI, WI - A motorcycle-versus-truck crash leaves two people dead, officials say.
Officials responded to reports of a motorcycle-versus-truck accident Wednesday night at State and British Hollow roads in the town of Potosi, according to a news release.
A preliminary investigation found that Joseph P. Stelpflug, 21, of Potosi, was traveling north on Stage Road approaching the British Hollow Road intersection in a 1992 Dodge, according to the release. David Edge, 59, of rural Potosi, was traveling west on British Hollow Road on a 2011 Harley Davidson motorcycle.
Edge pulled onto Stage Road to head south, and Stelpflug attempted to avoid the motorcycle, but a collision occurred, officials said. Edge and his passenger, Joan Edge, 59, were ejected from the motorcycle.
Joan Edge was pronounced dead at the scene, according to the release. David Edge was taken to Grant Regional Health Center but died as a result of his injuries. Neither of them were wearing helmets.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building