JANESVILLE, Wis. - A Janesville man is accused of physically abusing two children and injuring them with a "series of instruments," according to Janesville police.
Police said a tip from someone outside the city about a possible child abuse led officers to 1306 N. Washington Street at 6:02 p.m. Wednesday.
The children were not at the address but were later located walking with an adult from a residence in the 600 block of South Main Street.
The children had injuries to their arms, legs, heads and faces, according to police. There were also other injuries that were not initially visible.
Officers said the children were injured over an eight hour period and a series of instruments might have been used.
The children were taken to Mercy Hospital and Trauma Center for treatment.
Police said they recovered evidence when they carried out a search warrant later Wednesday night.
Brandon L. Quinn, 23, was arrested on suspicion of physical abuse to a child. Police said additional charges might be possible.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently
- 3 Rivers Nutrition hosts beach fitness camp
- Wet weather delays crop planting
- Wisconsin 2016 job gain smallest in 6 years