HOLMEN, WI - Juveniles cited for swimming at Holmen Aquatic Center after hours were also involved in vandalism, theft, and trespassing incidents, according to Holmen police.
When officers arrived at the aquatic center on July 30 at about 10: 45 p.m., they found juveniles swimming in the pool. Upon further investigation with the juveniles, Holmen police were able to solve seven cases of vandalism, theft and trespassing that happened between June 18 and July 30, 2013.
Holmen police said several pieces of heavy machinery were damaged and so were some houses being built in the village. Officers were able to recover several stolen items. Police estimate that about $30,000 in damage was done and about $2,100 worth of property was stolen.
The juveniles are being referred to the La Crosse County Juvenile Courts for numerous charges.
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump