HOLMEN, WI - Juveniles cited for swimming at Holmen Aquatic Center after hours were also involved in vandalism, theft, and trespassing incidents, according to Holmen police.
When officers arrived at the aquatic center on July 30 at about 10: 45 p.m., they found juveniles swimming in the pool. Upon further investigation with the juveniles, Holmen police were able to solve seven cases of vandalism, theft and trespassing that happened between June 18 and July 30, 2013.
Holmen police said several pieces of heavy machinery were damaged and so were some houses being built in the village. Officers were able to recover several stolen items. Police estimate that about $30,000 in damage was done and about $2,100 worth of property was stolen.
The juveniles are being referred to the La Crosse County Juvenile Courts for numerous charges.
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 29, 2017
- La Crosse marshland gets a cleanup
- La Crosse Neighbors Day moves ahead with new leadership
- ATF lets some Minnesota gun buyers skip background checks