COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa (AP) - Authorities say a Council Bluffs woman has been accused of encouraging her 13-year-old son to fight a schoolmate.
The Council Bluffs Nonpareil reports 31-year-old Alisha Hazen was arrested Thursday. She faces charges on felony child endangerment, serious assault and contributing to delinquency of a minor.
Police say they received complaints about a YouTube video that allegedly shows Hazen encouraging her son to punch a 12-year-old boy at Kreft Elementary School in November. Police say Hazen later punched the other boy in the face after her son was struck in the face and head.
The newspaper reports the video has received several hundred views.
Hazen was released from jail after posting a $2,000 bond. Court records do not list an attorney.
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking
- Cool, wet conditions put damper on Minnesota spring planting
- Baldwin encourages Perdue to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Walker hopes federal government shutdown can be avoided
- Teacher pleads not guilty to failure to report sex abuse
- Authorities ID man whose body was found in Des Moines River
- Minnesota man accused of trying to kidnap woman
- Local students compete in dairy cook off