COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa (AP) - Authorities say a Council Bluffs woman has been accused of encouraging her 13-year-old son to fight a schoolmate.
The Council Bluffs Nonpareil reports 31-year-old Alisha Hazen was arrested Thursday. She faces charges on felony child endangerment, serious assault and contributing to delinquency of a minor.
Police say they received complaints about a YouTube video that allegedly shows Hazen encouraging her son to punch a 12-year-old boy at Kreft Elementary School in November. Police say Hazen later punched the other boy in the face after her son was struck in the face and head.
The newspaper reports the video has received several hundred views.
Hazen was released from jail after posting a $2,000 bond. Court records do not list an attorney.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016