CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (AP) - An eastern Iowa man has been accused of kidnapping and severely stabbing a woman he met online.
The Cedar Rapids Police Department says 21-year-old Bryan Roche, of Marion, was arrested Tuesday in connection with reports Sunday of a 20-year-old woman found stabbed in a stairwell.
Investigators say Roche choked the woman, tied her up, sexually assaulted her and stabbed her. Authorities say Roche then left, and neighbors found the woman in a stairwell.
The woman was taken to a local hospital with life-threatening injuries. Police say she is in more stable condition, and was able to provide authorities with details about Roche.
Roche has been charged with first-degree kidnapping, first-degree sexual abuse and attempt to commit murder. He is at the Linn County Jail. Records do not list an attorney.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016