CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (AP) - An eastern Iowa man has been accused of kidnapping and severely stabbing a woman he met online.
The Cedar Rapids Police Department says 21-year-old Bryan Roche, of Marion, was arrested Tuesday in connection with reports Sunday of a 20-year-old woman found stabbed in a stairwell.
Investigators say Roche choked the woman, tied her up, sexually assaulted her and stabbed her. Authorities say Roche then left, and neighbors found the woman in a stairwell.
The woman was taken to a local hospital with life-threatening injuries. Police say she is in more stable condition, and was able to provide authorities with details about Roche.
Roche has been charged with first-degree kidnapping, first-degree sexual abuse and attempt to commit murder. He is at the Linn County Jail. Records do not list an attorney.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US