STOUGHTON, Wis. (AP) - Police in Stoughton say they are investigating a threatening letter that was sent to a black teenager, with a photo that depicted him as the victim of a lynching.
The Wisconsin State Journal reports that the letter had a Madison postmark and contained a photo showing two men hanging from a tree, with a mob watching. A picture of the 18-year-old was superimposed onto one of the men.
Police say in a statement that "this type of behavior will not be tolerated" and the person or people responsible will be prosecuted. They are investigating with help from the FBI, state crime lab and U.S. Postal Service.
- News 8 Investigates - Watching the Watchers
- Looking ahead: Spring road construction
- Winter thaw reveals needles in streets
- Driver identified in bizarre car crash Sunday
- Man puts meth in tip jar and cash
- Warm weather creates dangerous ice conditions
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 20, 2017
- Oktoberfest officials move Festmaster's Ball to August
- Wisconsin Primaries includes one La Crosse district, State Superintendent
- Woman found guilty of killing bicyclist while texting