WEST ALLIS, Wis. (AP) - Authorities in suburban Milwaukee have identified the three children who died in a fire last week after being left home alone.
West Allis police said Monday the victims were 5-year-old Nayeli Colon and her 4-year-old twin brothers, Alexis and Adrian Colon. They were found dead after the fire broke out Thursday afternoon.
The mother was arrested on possible charges of child neglect and bail violations. Police have not released her name but they say she's cooperating with the investigation.
Police say the cause and origin of the fire are still being investigated. Authorities say no adult was home when the fire broke out.
The medical examiner's office hasn't released the children's cause and manner of death.
- City crews busy repairing potholes
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Local hospital expands suicide screening
- Onalaska mother, daughter charged with child neglect, animal mistreatment
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- Winter Rec-Fest Medallion has been found!
- Wisconsin unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- 13-year-old charged with attempted murder in Fort Dodge
- Gundersen warns against travelling to Zika-impacted areas
- Todd English named Firefighter of the Year for 2016