WEST ALLIS, Wis. (AP) - Authorities in suburban Milwaukee have identified the three children who died in a fire last week after being left home alone.
West Allis police said Monday the victims were 5-year-old Nayeli Colon and her 4-year-old twin brothers, Alexis and Adrian Colon. They were found dead after the fire broke out Thursday afternoon.
The mother was arrested on possible charges of child neglect and bail violations. Police have not released her name but they say she's cooperating with the investigation.
Police say the cause and origin of the fire are still being investigated. Authorities say no adult was home when the fire broke out.
The medical examiner's office hasn't released the children's cause and manner of death.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US