INVER GROVE HEIGHTS, Minn. (AP) -- - Police have arrested a 20-year-old man after a nearly 6-hour standoff in a Twin Cities suburb.
Inver Grove Heights police answered a 911 call around 11 a.m. Friday. An officer knocked on the door and thought he heard a gunshot from inside.
Neighbors were told to stay inside and away from windows as police set up a perimeter. Officers took the man into custody just before 5 p.m.
Police say they found a gun near the man and evidence that the weapon had been fired numerous times inside the home.
The man was treated for minor injuries at a hospital and released to jail staff.
No officers were hurt or discharged their weapons.
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Adams joins Nelson as latest question in Packers WR group
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing