INVER GROVE HEIGHTS, Minn. (AP) -- - Police have arrested a 20-year-old man after a nearly 6-hour standoff in a Twin Cities suburb.
Inver Grove Heights police answered a 911 call around 11 a.m. Friday. An officer knocked on the door and thought he heard a gunshot from inside.
Neighbors were told to stay inside and away from windows as police set up a perimeter. Officers took the man into custody just before 5 p.m.
Police say they found a gun near the man and evidence that the weapon had been fired numerous times inside the home.
The man was treated for minor injuries at a hospital and released to jail staff.
No officers were hurt or discharged their weapons.
- Safe cams help police, local businesses solve crime
- UW-L celebrates School of Education
- Gundersen Health System considered top hospital for enviornmental excellence
- Downtown Mainstreet hosts 'Clean Your Block Party'
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Earth Buzz! raising awareness for polinator importance
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- UW-L softball takes two versus UW-River Falls
- Minnesota farmers begin planting under optimal weather