TORONTO (AP) -- Police in Canada say two men have been arrested and charged with plotting a terrorist attack against a Canadian passenger train.
The Royal Canadian Mounted Police said Monday that Chiheb Esseghaier and Raed Jaser were conspiring to carry out an al-Qaida supported attack against Via Rail, but posed no imminent threat.
The investigation was part of a cross-border operation involving Canadian law enforcement agencies, the FBI and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
- Wisconsin at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Prosecutor: No water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Student stabbed at Kenosha high school
- Bridge project in southeast Minnesota on schedule, budget
- House Republicans pass abortion bills
- Minnesota couple accused of sexually assaulting teenage girl
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract
- Federal officials charge 15 with eagle trafficking
- Assignment: Education - Backpack meals