SOUTH WAYNE, Wis. (AP) - Southern Wisconsin authorities say they have found a person of interest in connection with a triple homicide.
Lafayette County Sheriff Scott Pedley says the danger to the community is over.
Pedley says his office got a call Sunday morning after a family member found a dead person in a house in Wiota Township, near rural South Wayne. Deputies arrived to find two more bodies in the house, and a truck registered to one of the victims was gone.
Pedley says the names of the three victims are being withheld until they can be positively identified.
Authorities are still investigating.19931486
- The Latest: Walker proposes new welfare work requirements
- Wisconsin Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- State agency highlights climate change, 2 others ignore
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?