ST. CLOUD, Minn. (AP) - Police say a pedestrian was struck and killed by a cab driver in St. Cloud.
Authorities say Timothy Martin, 33, was hit while crossing the street between the Press Bar and Le St. Germain Hotel about 2 a.m. Sunday. Police say Martin was struck by a Tuxedo Taxi cab while walking outside the crosswalk.
WJON radio reports the St. Cloud man fell backward and struck his head. He was taken to St. Cloud Hospital where he later died. Authorities say the driver of the taxi is a 22-year-old St. Cloud man.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Icy weather brings danger
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin
- UPDATE: Suspects in Tomah high speed chase arrested
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest