SPARTA, Wis. - The Sparta Police Department says an 18-year-old man from Sparta died after being struck by a train near the intersection of Walrath and Milwaukee Streets on Monday afternoon.
Police Chief Michael Kass says when emergency crews arrived on scene around 1:30 p.m., they found one of the train operators performing CPR on Corey Bronner.
Members of the Sparta Area Ambulance Service took over medical care upon arrival and were able to stabilize Bronner. They transported Bronner to Mayo Health Systems in Sparta. He was later transported to Gundersen-Lutheran in La Crosse with life-threatening injuries. Sparta police were notified later that Bronner died of his injuries.18345732
Chief Kass says right now there is nothing that suggests criminal activity and that this was a tragic accident. The Sparta Police Department and officials from the Canadian Pacific Railroad are investigating this incident.
Anyone with information about this incident or anyone who may have witnessed this accident is asked to call the Sparta Police Department at (608) 269-3122.
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- UW-La Crosse students organize 'Women's March on La Crosse'
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- UPDATE: Officer won't be charged in Holmen shooting
- The Latest: Judge won't drop charges against ex-UW student
- Baldwin supports pair of Trump nominees
- Taste of Onalaska raises money for teachers
- Chili cook-off warms up community while raising money
- Area protester goes to joins Women's March on Washington D. C.