TOWN of LAGRANGE, Wis. - A 17-year-old girl suffered non-life-threatening injuries after a one-vehicle crash in the Town of LaGrange Thursday night.
The Monroe County Sheriff's Department says county dispatch got a 911 call at 7:02 p.m. reporting a vehicle in a field and a man carrying a female from the vehicle.
Authorities say the driver, Miranda Bennett, 17, was driving southbound on Formica Road when she lost control of her vehicle, skidded off the road and hit a tree stump. The car came to a rest in a field.
The sheriff's department says a passerby helped Bennett out of her vehicle and was then transported by Tomah Ambulance to Tomah Memorial Hospital.
Authorities say speed may be a factor in the crash.
- La Crosse distribution facility to close
- Assignment: Education - Advanced Placement Program Growing
- Man arrested in apparent Hibbing homicide
- Ice storms reducing blood donations in Midwest
- Icy weather brings danger
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Ice causing large number of falls in La Crosse
- Republican senator circulates marijuana extract bill
- Icy conditions make area sidewalks slippery
- Travel dangerous in many roads in Wisconsin