DULUTH, Minn. (AP) - A Duluth man who crashed his SUV is arrested after stealing a vehicle belonging to one of the good Samaritans that stopped to help him.
The St. Louis County Sheriff's Department says the crash happened north of Duluth where a road is under construction. The SUV left the road Saturday night, struck several large concrete drain pipes and overturned.
Several people passing by stopped to help and watched as the driver ran into some nearby woods. Sheriff's officials say the driver returned a short time later and stole one of vehicles belonging to the passers-by.
A deputy responding to the SUV crash stopped the stolen vehicle about a mile away and arrested the driver.
The Duluth News Tribune says the man was treated for minor injuries at St. Luke's Hospital and taken to jail.
- Taking one for the city: La Crosse boy cleans up skate park
- Local family shares story of premature birth
- Area climate activists voice their opinions over Trump's policies
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- Onalaska High School students plan 5K for good cause
- Ninth annual Earth Fair attracts local families
- Coulee Council on Addictions announces plans for new building