LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Finding free parking for Oktoberfest weekend will be a little easier starting Thursday night.
The gates on all of La Crosse's downtown parking ramps are being removed by six p-m and parking on the ramps will be free. Officials say they are making the change to help avoid any damage to the gates and machines.
Reserved spots will still be reserved until Friday at 6 p.m. The gates will be put back up Monday morning and ramp parking will return to normal.
- Teen dies in Vernon County hunting accident
- Walker defends property tax cut, issues veto threat
- What Wisconsin's roads shortfall could mean for taxpayers
- IRS warns of private debt collector scam
- Marijuana among used clothing donated to Maplewood store
- Suicide attempts increase at juvenile prison in Wisconsin
- Trial delayed for Iowa man charged in woman's cannon death
- Minnesota lawmakers enter final day to wrap up budget
- Barron County puts initial tornado damage estimate at $10M
- Draft horses get back to work in Wisconsin farms, forests